Dear Shively Baptist Church family,
In an effort, not only to respect our governing authorities (Romans 13), but also to love our neighbors, we want to work with our community, state, and nation to mitigate the spread of this virus. The elders at Shively have been in prayer, sought wisdom, and have decided to cease physical gatherings of Shively Baptist Church and our various groups until further notice.
Please do not let this decision increase your anxiety. We are not suspending our meeting together out of worry that our members will get the virus, for that is in God’s hands and we trust him completely (2 Tim 1:7). However, given the present circumstances, we believe that this decision presents the best witness to our community and is the most loving response toward our family and friends.
1. We encourage you to participate in worship from your homes, Sunday morning, through the livestream at facebook.com/ShivelyBaptist at 10:30 a.m. Our elders and worship leaders will lead our corporate worship online, but we will not gather together at the church’s Sanctuary.
2. All activities sponsored by Shively Baptist Church are being cancelled. We will continue to monitor the situation, will determine our status week-to-week, and will stay in communication through available means.
3. Please pray for wisdom for members and leadership of Shively Baptist Church during this time. These are very difficult decisions without clear paths forward. We want to follow God alone.
4. Stay connected. Check on one another often. Please make special attempts to be in communication with those who are not active online and be willing to do what is feasible to help them participate remotely with the church body.
5. Actively care for each other by being aware of each other’s needs (physical and emotional) and doing what God leads you to do to care for each other. We are temporarily suspending our group meetings, but do not let that completely isolate us from one another.
6. We encourage all Sunday School and other small group leaders to stay in contact with their classes/groups. Please utilize phone trees and other systems that are already in place to help share information and help meet needs.
7. We will be working together with our finance team to explore options for remote giving. In the meantime, you can certainly mail in any checks and they will be processed by the office. 1599 Sadie Lane, 40216
8. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to one of our Elders. You can call the church office at 502-367-9155.
From Psalm 62,
Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, you people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge.
1599 Sadie lane
Louisville, KY 40216
9:15 am – Sunday School (All Ages)
10:30 am – Worship Service
6-7:30 pm - Adult Prayer Meeting
6-7:30 pm - Team Kids Ministry
6-8:00 pm - Youth Ministry (grades 6-12)
6-7:30 pm - Mom Support Group